Yesterday was ugly for me. I was sad and angry. I was stressed and hurt. So today I am going to take a minute to think and be grateful for things that make me happy.
- I am grateful for pink blooms on trees that litter the ground after a storm. That shit is pretty.
- The trees at the health department are starting to bud. I will forever find it funny that the trees there can give me such joy. Beautiful trees, vaccinations for children, and STD tests: That place has everything.
- Blue Candy. I think it is safe to say that blue candies are the best, and while I understand “blue coconut” may not be a real flavor it is still the best. I know this to be true because there are far less of them in any bag of candy. The manufactures know and are holding out on us.
- Diet Coke. Let me make this clear I do not drink Diet Coke to take off pounds. I do not drink it to counter act my calorie intake. I know it rots your insides, but damn if it doesn’t have a great chemical burn.
- The color gray.
- Wearing brown and black together. Social norms be damned I think it is fine.
- My sister and I when we find someone or something that bugs us and we than become consumed by it.
- Wax cubes of smells are the greatest invention ever.
- Low rumbly thunder.
- Adding to my collection of clothes I wish I had on Pinterest. I would be so put together if I lived in that Pinterest board.
- The “Ask a Mortician” series on YouTube is the gift I will leave you with. I am Oprah like that. Go to that link and take on the greatness. Go.